good morning from new york! it's been such a great weekend… baking… indoors… while the sun is out and it's the first time in months where the temperature has actually peaked 50 degrees. yup, i know, BAKING IS TOTALLY WORTH IT. the feels, people! the FEELS!
anyways, i haven't shared my favorite links from this week…
my favorite song for this week is seriously amazing, and you should listen to it….
i don't think it can get better than these babies right here.
(hint: roll over the image below with your mouse)
INSTANT BAKING. yeah, that's right. throwing some of my html skills at you.
here we are. with these fantabulous cookies. i mean just YOU and these cookies. because once you eat them you'll be tempted to eat them ALL.
but that's okay. *whispers* because they're healthy.
*continues whispering* and they're flourless. and vegan.
olive oil oatmeal cookies – w/ toasted coconut, raisins, cacao nibs, and anything else you can think of
makes 12-16 cookies
1 1/2 cups rolled oats (gluten-free if necessary)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt (or less if you don't like the sweet-salty profile)
heaping 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbs olive oil
1/4 cup + 1 tbs unsweetened almond milk (more if needed)
1/4 cup raisins
large handful of cacao nibs
1/3 cup toasted coconut flakes (on a pan on medium-high heat, toast coconut flakes for about 3 minutes, or until golden)
00. preheat oven to 375 degrees
01. use a food processor to grind the oats, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and brown sugar into a fine flour
02. pour "flour" into a large bowl and fold in olive oil, almond milk, and raisins, and cacao nibs
03. gently fold in coconut flakes, as not to break them (entirely)
04. take small piece dough, and roll into a ball (be sure to taste test, just to make sure that it's not poison or anything…) and place on a baking sheet. repeat.
05. flatten balls into round disks (unless you want baked cookie truffles, which is totally OK.)
06. bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes. i baked mine for 7.