really healthy halvah ice cream
it's been, what, not even 24 hours since my last post? that's almost like a new record.
i told you these recipes are going to be coming out really fast.
i woke up this morning with like 8 bananas in my freezer and halvah on my mind.
naturally, i realized i could make that really healthy ice cream that everyone is always talking about and halvah-ify it. duh. makes so much sense.
naturally, i made this sundae around 9 o'clock in the morning when everyone was still sleeping (including the dog) and didn't wake up anyone? (still questionable). regardless, it's a miracle.
and the most awesome thing about this recipe is that's a sundae (and it's sunday). which means, toppings!!!
the ice cream was made 1000x better by some tangy coconut yogurt (i use coyo), warm tahini, and chopped salty pistachios. holy heck.
oh yeah, and i made a video.
healthy, sugar-free halvah wtf sundae
makes a lot of ice cream, like 10 servings
what you need
- 8 bananas, chopped and frozen overnight
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup stirred tahini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- coconut yogurt
- tahini, warmed
- chopped salted pistachios
- sesame seeds
what you do
1. blend bananas in a food processor until smooth. with 8 bananas, i had to scrape down the sides around 5 or so times. add almond milk to help with the banana-to-ice-cream-ify-ing process.
2. once the frozen bananas are smooth and velvety, add in tahini, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. process again.
3. taste test (for good measure). serve immediately with coconut yogurt, tahini, pistachios, and sesame seeds or transfer ice cream to a large freezer-safe container.
4. if storing in freezer, take ice cream 10 minutes before serving to soften and then serve with those halvah toppings.
yeah, it's that awesome