steel cut oats + exciting news ??
monday is my last day of school. (a little hoorah for living through junior hell month).
i have some cool news.
minimalmeals is back (if you remember it. even i even forgot it was a thing).
it's been up for a few days and i've been cooking a lot, focusing mainly on whole foods with the occasional ezekiel toast. i'm not as keen on baking for some reason. i've matured, you know? i prefer savory things now...
all this really means is that i finally have time to start writing recipes again (and posting them)!!!!!!!! very exciting. very. i've missed this whole food-make-post thing a lot, and i'm already revising things and thinking about new food things and doing all the things!
can't you tell i am incredibly excited. anyways, the next few posts will be just recipes so i can have some links for my recipe page.
first things first, let's do the basics.
steel cut oats (for the win, and for the humble)
WHAT YOU DO
1. in a small saucepan, bring almond milk and water to a boil.
2. turn heat down to low and add salt.
3. stir in oats and cook uncovered, stirring every few minutes, until thick and creamy, 20 minutes. stir maple syrup. (add extra water/almond milk if too dry).
4. serve with berries, almonds, hemp seeds, or other toppings of your choice and a splash of almond milk because milk is always nice.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup steel cut oats
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- hemp seeds
yours truly, izzy