simple brownie bites for simple people
i'm not really a simple person, actually.
i'm more... eclectic? i don't know. hip? no.
but i like these brownies.
i've been really into fresh ginger lately; fresh ginger porridge, fresh ginger soba, fresh ginger tea... it's just so, so, so good. GINGER PEOPLE. i swear it will be the new kale in a couple of months.
fads, for goodness sake.
but let's quit talking about me for a second here. i'm writing right now to tell you about these brownies. these are actually SO GOOD and they use 3 ingredients, and take about 3.14159265359 minutes to make. that's right. (i timed it exactly).
i know i say this about the majority of my desserts, but seriously. let's get real. 3.14159265359 minutes *coughcough* nerd pi-jokes *cough*, 3 ingredients. that's pretty radical. insert nerd-surfer face here. (please tell me you get it..."radical")
other than those two little things, these brownies are super duper versatile. you can add whatever spices you'd like. now that i'm thinking of it, i should've added some cayenne! sweet/spicy = my kind of party.
3 ingredient raw brownie bites (for simple people)
makes 6 bites
loosely adapted from laura
3/4 cup raw buckwheat groats
1-1/3 cup pitted dates (preferably medjool)
1/4 cup cacao powder
pinch of salt
(optional) 2 tsp vietnamese cinnamon
01. in a food processor, blend buckwheat until a flour forms. (little chunks here and there are a-okay)
02. add pitted dates, cacao powder, salt, and cinnamon and process until a large ball forms
03. once everything is thoroughly combined, roll out "brownie dough" using a damp rolling pin until about 1 to 1.5" thick
04. cut the dough into 6 even bite-sized pieces of brownie
05. press in more buckwheat for extra crunch, or even emmy's cacao coconut super cereal like i did. (emmy's organics is awesomeness)