a great weekend + a raw tart
how has your weekend been? mine's been pretty great if you ask me.
it's been sunny. my life has been busy, but who cares? i get to eat this tart.
and let me tell you, tarts are good. and this one… is a raw raspberry + pistachio coconut cream tart-pie. with an awesome crust. huzzah!
i know you all just want the recipe, so i'll stop blabbering now. enjoy the photographs!
raw raspberry + pistachio tart
2/3 cup pumpkin seeds / pepitas
scant 1/3 cup ground flax seeds
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/4 tsp sea salt
1.5 cup dates, soaked for 10min + chopped
1 tbs fresh grated ginger
2 cans full fat coconut milk (canned)
2 tbs coconut sugar
the day before:
01. place both cans of coconut milk in the refrigerator
01. in warm water, soak dates for at least 10 minutes
02. using a food processor, process pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, shredded coconut, and sea salt until finely ground
03. drain dates, and chop into small pieces. place dates and grated ginger into the seed and coconut “flour"
04. process until dates combine with “flour” and form a sticky ball
05. in a tart pan, press the dough crust evenly onto the bottom and sides of the pan. (wet hands before doing this so that the dough doesn’t stick)
06. place a sheet of plastic wrap over the crust and pan and set in the freezer for at least 30 minutes
01. gently take coconut milk out of the freezer and turn upside-down
02. open the cans, and carefully pour out the coconut water that is on the top
03. scoop out the coconut cream that is left at the bottom of the cans into a large bowl
04. using an upright or hand mixer, whip coconut cream and coconut sugar together until the cream reaches soft peaks
01. take the crust out from the freezer and remove plastic wrap
02. pour coconut whip cream into tart pan, and evenly spread around
03. decorate with raspberries
04. sprinkle chopped pistachios over top
05. drizzle your agave
// store in freezer or fridge //