nut-free ginger bliss balls
i've been obsessed for the past few weeks with making bliss balls, fat bombs, nut-seed-coconut snacks. like, blending all the extra seeds or nuts or cacao nibs and nut butters that i have and eating it all. i think i've made a different test batch every day after i've gotten home from school. weird? yeah, definitely.
i mean, lee's fat bombs have kind of taken over the health-foodie side of instagram, and they look awesome every time. (yeah, i know, "fat bombs" sounds pretty... non-health-foodie, but we'll just go with it).
i've mentioned that i'm eating more fats and less carbs. these are the perfect snack for this purpose. they're sugar-free and high-fat, so they'll fill me up between meals if i'm on the run. (just like on our road trip for 11 hours at a time, for example).
because of the ~nutritious~ seeds that are in this recipe, these snacks are high in:
improves heart health, reduces inflammation, helps menstrual pain, supporst healthy skin, fights autoimmune diseases
reduces inflammation, helps reduce nerve pain, lowers high blood pressure, supports bone health
stimulates neural activity, stabilizes blood sugar and pressure, supports bone health, strengthens muscles, boosts metabolism, reduces anxiety and stress
supports bone health, helps maintain cognitive function, reduces pms symptoms, supports lung health
5. HEALTHY FATS, to keep you fuller longer
for the purpose of my sanity, we'll revise the name from fat bombs to bliss balls. cool? cool.
ginger bliss balls
what you need
what you do
- 1/2 cup dried unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons coconut butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- monkfruit sweetener (or maple syrup) to taste
- hemp or sesame seeds to coat
1. blend everything together in a food processor or high-speed blender
2. sweeten bit by bit with monkfruit (or maple syrup)
2. roll 10 evenly-sized bliss balls. coat with seeds of choice
3. store in refrigerator
oh happy days.