easily adaptable awesome cookies
another busy, busy week for this very unorganized soon-to-be high-schooler.
i have another cookie recipe
for all of you busy, busy people who are in dire need of something sweet
and if you tell me "no", here are a few reasons why you have to:
a) although you may be busy doing who know's what, you need your cookie fuel for the week
b) THEY'RE COOKIES AND I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE ON THE PHONE WITH THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES you HAVE to make these cookies
can we just admire this #almondmilkporn
yes we can.
it's just… i can't... no words.
of course in a bonne maman strawberry jam jar, because WHY NOT.
in fact, you could even eat these cookies raw if you wanted to
hmmm… healthy cookie dough anyone? it's not like it hasn't been done before or anything...
BUT SERIOUSLY. GO TO YOUR KITCHEN AND MAKE THESE COOKIES
i am 99.99992% sure that you have all of these ingredients sitting in your pantry right now just waiting to be used for this very recipe.
the easiest easily adaptable awesome 5-ingredient amazing cookies, ever
adapted from the one and only minimalist baker
1 cup packed dates (preferably medjool + soaked in warm/hot water for at least 10 min)
1 medium/large ripe banana
2 tbs almond butter
3/4 cup almond meal
3/4 cup rolled oats
(optional additions: chopped dark chocolate, coconut, flame raisins, nuts, other goodness…)
00. preheat oven to 350 degrees F
01. drain dates, and put in a food processor until chopped into little bits
02. add banana and almond butter and process again until smooth
03. pour in almond meal and rolled oats and pulse until just combined
04. with a spatula, fold in remaining mix-ins
05. scoop a small handful of dough and roll them into small balls, and put on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. press down lightly on each dough ball, as they will not spread
06. bake for 15 minutes - 18 minutes
07. take out and let cool. then eat immediately.
the almond milk says "hi"