healthy(er) honey-roasted cayenne almonds (+ walnuts)
goodness gracious me.
delicious, crunchy, sweet, spicy, and salt-y. (ha! it rhymes…)
the magnifying-circle-thingys practically speak for themselves!
this honey nut mix is a delectable after school/work snack that can be made in a spiffy, (which is perfect for people with homework to do. like me).
although these may be healthier than the typical handful of candied mixed nuts, they still have a lot of sugar because of the amount of honey in the recipe. (but still, they're scrumptious, so who cares).
honey-roasted cayenne almonds (+walnuts)
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2-1 tsp cayenne
1 heaping cup whole almonds
1/2 cup walnuts (whole or pieces)
1+ tbs sesame seeds
1 tsp salt
01. preheat oven to 325 degrees F. line baking sheet with parchment paper
02. in a pan/skillet on low, warm honey, cinnamon, and cayenne. (make sure the honey does not burn) (note: i sprayed the pan with canola oil so that the honey wouldn't stick to the pan)
03. once honey is warm, add almonds and walnuts, and coat in the honey
04. remove from heat, and spread an even layer of the sticky nuts on baking sheet
05. sprinkle with sesame seeds and salt. bake for 15 minutes. remove from oven and let cool for at least 1 hour (or until hardened)
06. endlessly snack!