why don't you listen to one of my favorite songs about banana pancakes by while we take off on this journey through my absolute love and joy for the world of pancakes.
ah yes, pancakes. a joy, a beauty, a grace, a special hole in my heart filled.
there's something so perfect, ya know, about their fluffiness, sweetness, toppings, and stack-ability. a treat of all shapes and sizes and colors and complexities. wow.
and no appreciation post for this beloved food could go without a video on the art of its creation. hello, buzzfeed tasty - the only thing from them that i actually enjoy.
don't laugh at me.
anyways, oohs and ahhs aside, my pancakes are also pretty awesome.
i got a little inspiration from jeannette who used collagen powder in her pancakes for a little bit of skin + hair boost.
these are kind of like your average 1 egg + 1 banana pancakes, but better. i've tried those pancakes countless times and i never got them really right. these were 💯.
best banana pancakes
what you do
1. add everything in a small bowl and mash away with a fork until there are small chunks of banana left
2. i sort of do a last whip with the fork just to make sure everything is combined
3. heat a pan on medium heat with some coconut oil spray. once hot (check by dropping some water on the pan and seeing if it sizzles), spoon various heaping tablespoons into the pan.
4. cook through (they don't really bubble around the edges, so watch closely) and flip. repeat.
5. stack, serve with almond butter and bananas like me, or just some plain maple (though it's sweet enough already, fyi)
what you need
- 1 medium banana
- 1 large egg
- 1 scoop collagen powder (i use this)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter/pb
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- dash of vanilla
- dash of cinnamon
go give these a go!!!!!!!